The last time I had a countdown staring me in the face this hard, was in 2005 as my wedding drew near. Now, five years and two months later, I’m just as excited and anxious. The gala, as of today, is TWENTY-ONE days away! Excuse me while I clown:
Sorry about that, had to get it out.
This event has been a metaphor for infertility in many ways for me. Where I haven’t been able to plan my family, the gala has been pulled together by me at every turn. Where things aren’t always as simple as they “should” be with having a child, things are often just as frustratingly uneventful with ticket sales and support. In all, as I’ve said before, I’ve felt as though I got a bit of my power back by hosting this advocacy event. And just as with infertility, I’ve gained supporters and friends, the same can be said about the gala.
If you haven’t gotten your ticket, or donated yet, and if getting all dressed up and snazzy isn’t reason enough, please give me a few seconds to make it plain why you should get on board immediately!
5. Amazing gifts and auction items in store. Such as:
Artwork by Floyd Atkins
A Sensual Dance Package provided by Curvy Diva Fitness
A Private Wine Tasting provided by Wines for Humanity
4. Great food in a great venue. Food for this event will be provided by Corky’s Catering, a mainstay in the Chicago Catering community and some of the best food and service you’ve ever experienced. I mean, just at the meeting to go over the menu I was floored, so I know you will be too. We will be dining underneath a 65ft. skylight in the urban chic Loft on Lake.
3. Fantastic entertainment! I mean, seriously, this is going to be one for the record books where entertainment goes: There will be dancing after dinner with music provided by Sekou Productions and the vastly talented DJ Ope-Ski, formerly of the “Know Your Heritage” game show. However, before all of that, we will be treated to a performance by the Chicago Contemporary Dance Theater.
2. Great guests and informative supporters. To name just a few of our invited and confirmed guests and sponsors:
- Fertility Centers of Illinois
- Newly Crowned Miss Black Illinois 2011 and Miss Black USA hopeful, Jalissa Amber Meredith
- The Fertility Partnership
- The Tinina Q. Cade Foundation
- EvoFem, makers of the Instead Softcup™
- Adoptions From The Heart
- Think Royally Inc.
1. And finally, the most important reason…The proceeds from this event will be donated to the Tinina Q. Cade Foundation and their Family Building grants. THIS is the part that moves my heart. To really get it, one has to realize that the money these families get through the grants, will help bring a family together. That is amazing when you really think about it. Your ticket or donation could literally build a family. WOW. If that’s not a kick in the teeth of infertility, I don’t know what is.
I know you’re just as excited as I am. If you haven’t gotten your ticket already, I do hope that you will consider not only the great time we’ll have, but also the importance of the cause and do so today! If you can’t make it to Chicago, but would still like to donate, that is welcome as well. We will use your ticket for someone who wishes to attend and support but simply can’t afford it.
Thanks for always being such amazing supporters. I value each and every one of you. Hope to hug you personally in 21 days!